A little site of creative from my heart to yours! I do hope you enjoy and come back often I love hearing from all people.

sunnisandy

My photo
Rhode Island, United States
I love working with wool, the feel of it in my hands is very comforting and relaxing. I also love trying new projects, this is why the blog was started. I'm married to a wonderful guy for 30 years. Yes I was a child bride! We have 3 wonderful children, Erin, Gabrielle and Jimmy. Also a cat named Lily, more Queen Lily as she rules the house.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

bird banner day!

So yesterday we had another snow storm here in the north, we are getting slammed this year in Rhode Island. But then again this is ok with me, although I was sitting at my desk at work thinking it sure would be nice to get outside in the garden. Yes I do daydream a bit (ok alot) at work. But be honest who does not. Some of the greatest ideas come from sitting at a desk when they should be working.
Today I made a banner, first one I have ever attempted to make. I must say I was a bit impressed with it. Actually I have always wanted to make one and what a better way then to use the birds I have been making and trying to figure out what to do with them.
So what do you think? Not bad for a first timer?
Then I finished a wall hanging with some feathered friends.
I think my mind has gone to the birds, or maybe I am just thinking to much about spring lately?
Well going to head to the sewing machine and fix my husbands pants, he has been after me for a while to do this. But I told him if I don't have that feeling of fixing them at the right time they just won't come out right (I only have to fix the waistband lol). So I am off to the mending! Wish me luck.
Sandy

6 comments:

Rocking Chair Stitches said...

Great creativity! Listen, I am sure we talked about this before, but refresh my memory. Where in RI are you??

sunnisandy said...

Thank you, love your site also, I live in Pascoag....a little cold this morning don't you think? lol

pezgirlswords said...

Hey Sandy, love the banner...I think it came out great!

Unknown said...

I just met your sister via my blog (bloggy world is so fun! ;) and she mentioned how she was inspired by your blog so I had to have a look.

She was right! Inspiring spot...

I'm diggin' the birdies!
xoxo
jul

ButtercupChin said...

Perfect for Valentines Day! Very cute & crafty :)

sunnisandy said...

Thank you Gayle, Jul and Erin I loved doing this banner but yes, it was a bit more than I thought it would be, I have an idea for another I hope it goes easier. We shall see. Thank you for reading my blog! Come again...